The Student News Site of Riverside Prep Middle School

Knightly News

Knightly News

Knightly News

Back onto the field

On April 18, 2024, Riverside Preparatory’s soccer girls and boys team had their first home game against AAE who they had won against before. RP girls soccer team haven’t lost a single game, as they’re playing hot. Since it’s the first home game, this made me quite curious if their mindset may be different. It’s their home so why lose it?

After a couple interviews, Nadine, Alexander and Maddux gave me a great view of their positivity and thoughts about having their first home game. 

Nadine Barajas is a center-mid in the girls soccer team. RP’s centermid told us that one of the team’s tactics is to have a positive mentality. She said, “I’m positive we’re going to win.” 

Alexander Vazquez is a left back in the boys soccer team. His interview sounded confident and determined about how his team will play that Thursday. “I feel that like- we playing at our school so we’ll play a lot better.” Considering their past games, they’ll be super star athletes playing at their own school. His tactic is to pass it to his winger and keep passing until they get a score.

Maddux Camarena is a forward or a center mid in the boys soccer team. Camarena’s interview pointed out his team has beaten AAE already, so it’ll be an easy win, especially since it’s in their home. Looking back at his past interview when his team first went against AAE, he shared, “I was nervous coming to the game and it went away when I stepped on the field-” From past interviews to now, we can see how much confidence grew in the way he presents himself.