The Student News Site of Riverside Prep Middle School

Knightly News

Knightly News

Knightly News

Why does Riverside Prep Middle School  not have a Football Team?

Why does Riverside Prep Middle School   not have a Football Team?

Why does RPMS not have a football team? I’m pretty sure it’s because the school’s worried about our safety. Yet we have a Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Volleyball and Soccer team, what about Football? A ton of different Middle Schools have Football teams and we have so many different kids at our school who are very strong, fast, and really good at catching, kinda three really important things in Football! We also have a lot of kids who could play Quarterback and they could throw 50-yard Bombs. The High School has a good Football team but I guarantee if the Middle School played High School the Middle School would win by a lot! 

Picture of our High School Football Game – From the RPHS site.

The Middle School 8th graders have a lot of really good Baseball players who also play football and when they go to High School they for sure will make the team. They’re gonna be fast, really strong, and be aware. Especially since there are a few High Schoolers who can can throw. But let’s hope that soon the Middle School could get a Football Team. Not a Flag Football team, an actual, tackle Football team that will be smart and win the championship.

The Riverside Preparatory logo. From the Riverside Prep Site.

I went up to the Middle School front office one day and asked, “Why does the Middle School not have a Football team?” I answered back, “Well, it’s because we’re worried about everyone’s safety, you guys aren’t ready for Football yet.” So then I guess we’re just gonna have to settle with having Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, and Softball teams for now until you get to High School. But for now, I’ll root for the team so “Let’s Go Silver Knights.”